Premier League 2016/17
Will Leicester defend their championship or will there be a new champion this year?
I think there will be a new champion this year. Many of the top clubs in England have signed up some of the top players in the world. However, top players do not always mean good results. The players have to be good together. Leicester has a great advantage there since they played together last season.
I think there will be some great teams to challenge for the title this season. Manchester has 2 teams that are eager to win the league, Liverpool has a great team this year, and London has 2 maybe 3 teams in the competition to win the league.
- Manchester United are looking good this season, with a new manager (the great one) Mourino. They have also signed up some new talent Like Zlatan. They should be in the top 3 this season. They also have a great team for the future and for Europe. I think they might go all the way in this year’s season. Everyone hates United and want to beat them. But can they do it? NO. United will rule Premier League this season. Champ United.
- Manchester City are also looking good. They have been top 5 the last few years and will be in the top 5 this season also. Some new players have been signed during this window and more may come. They have a good squad for Europe and could go far in the Champions League.
- Liverpool looks like a contender for the top 6 positions. They have signed up some new talent. However, are they good enough to win the championship? Maybe on a good day. But great contenders for the top spots.
- Chelsea are coming to be a great contender this season as well. Chelsea has been a top contender for some time now and might be a winner again very soon. Certainly a top 5 contender. They can go all the way to the top but I think maybe it is too many London derbies. In addition, those derbies’ is hard to win. All teams in London want to be the best in town.
- Arsenal is also a great team but is they good enough to win? NO. They are a top 6 contender. However, they will not win the title this year. They will be a top contender but as for Chelsea, there are too many London derbies.
- West Ham has a great team. However, are they going to win the championship? Not this year. Nevertheless, they are a great and hard team to beat. I think they need some more years to win the league. However, they have a great team.
- Tottenham is also a good contender for the top spots. Nevertheless, not for the title. They have signed some great talent this year and will be in the top again this season.
- Leicester won last year. Nevertheless, this year they will have everyone attack their title. Do Leicester have a chance to defend their title? No way. They have a good team and a great manager but they have lost some players and signed some new ones. They had a great season last year. This season they will only be a contender for the top 8 places.
This is my opinion on the English Premier League 2016/17. I must admit that I am a strong Manchester United supporter but I think that with Mourino as a manager everything will work out for the Red Devils.
Below is my forecast of the standings at the Leagues end in May 2017:
- Manchester United
- Manchester City
- West Ham